Business Development Manager – Events & Sponsorship
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking agency that is committed to people and career development.
Worldspan is an award winning, full-service events and creative communications agency.
Since we began delivering events and experiences back in 1972, the world has changed, and so have we. Starting out with just two people, we’ve grown and evolved with our clients to become a team of passionate, creative professionals delivering unforgettable events and experiences across the world.
Based out of our office at WeWork No. 1 Spinningfields, the successful candidate will be responsible for researching and contacting prospects to secure new business and sponsorship revenue.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking, Investors in People Gold accredited agency that is committed to people and career development.
Candidates will preferably have a minimum 18 months experience of achieving success in a similar B2B position.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Making high quality outbound sales calls
- Securing appointments with target stakeholders based on market intelligence
- Securing contracted brief and roster opportunities
- Supporting on pitches and creative proposals
- Attending new business meetings
- Ensuring company credentials and case studies are up to date
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and technology
- Entering data to the organisation’s CRM system (Salesforce)
- Researching and connecting with key decision makers through online networking and networking events
You will need to demonstrate the following skills to a high level:
- Ability to build rapport with potential clients, both over the phone and face to face
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to add value to client proposals
- The ability to understand a prospects needs and requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a wider team
- An understanding of the events and creative industry
- The ability to develop relationships with internal departments across Worldspan
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org